Tuesday, March 07, 2006



so since i am home today i decided to make me a yummy lunch.

i love egg salad and have managed to find a way to eat it without going on calorie and fat overload.

first only use egg whites and maybe one yolk. today i used five eggs, four egg whites and one egg yolk. still turns out yummy.

fat free mayo and dijon mustard are a mustard. you would not believe the kick the mustard gives it.

salt, pepper, and onion powder (since i didn't have onions).

voila...egg salad!

toasted whole wheat english muffins, topped with egg salad, then with fresh spinach and tomatoes.

complete with two mini dill pickles and baked lays.

oh and don't forget the diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper.

yum!

there's also enough left over to take withme to work one day this week.

what have ya'll been eating for lunch?

4 Comments:

Blogger Greta Adams said...

i had yummy rena's today...a turkey po boy...slurp...no chips and unsweet tea...oh and some thin mint girl scout cookies...

2:13 PM  
Blogger a n n e said...

Ok Elizabeth - I'm going to have to make your egg salad tomorrow because now I'm hungry! I love Diet Dr. Pepper too.. it really DOES taste like regular Dr. Pepper. Caffeine free diet coke is a good one... tastes less diet for some reason. (I like to put baked lays inside my sandwiches for crunch).

11:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i found your blog through a comment you left on elizabeth's blog (thoughtjot)! i must say, you look fabulous!

i have struggled with my weight all my life, all twenty one years of it, so i know what it's like. since end of february, i've lost about twenty two pounds though, and it feels great! not only does it feel great to be down a size, some inches, and some pounds.. but to be doing it healthy is another thing. i guess that's the key of it all.. so, i have to say.. congratulations! it's not easy. ;)

also, period bloating and water retention is a BITCH. you can weigh yourself, thinking, okay, i should be down about two pounds, but never fails.. the damn period has to mess it all up!

2:50 PM  
Blogger CrunchyChick said...

I used to make my sandwiches with SaraLee Delightful Bread. In Weight Watchers terms, it's 1 point for TWO (Count 'em, 2!) slices. Regular bread, wheat or white, will run you 3 points for two slices. Sad thing is, now that I live in Alaska, I can NOT for the life of me find it ANYWHERE! God, I miss that bread!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home